Chickpea and Vorizo Soup
SERVES: 4 PREPARATION TIME: 60 MINS
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pack of VBites Vorizo Cubes
- 1 onion (peeled/finely chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic (peeled/finely chopped)
- 2 sticks of celery (finely chopped)
- 500g fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- 1 tin of good quality cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1.3 litre vegetable stock
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pan, fry the chopped onion, garlic and celery in coconut oil on a low heat until softened.
- Add washed spinach, tomatoes, chickpeas and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for around 45 minutes.
- Blend half of the mixture, then add back to pan.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 2-3 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Add the Vorizo Cubes, salt and pepper and warm through.
- Serve hot.