Vegan Chicken Garlic Salad
SERVES: 4 PREPARATION TIME: 45 MINS
- 1 pack of VBites Chkn Chunks
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small cup of miso
- 1ltr of vegetable stock
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6oz rice noodles
- 1 large onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup peeled carrots (around 2 large ones thinly sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2-3oz bean sprouts
- 2oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp of mixed herbs
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp sweet sake (optional
- In a large pan sauté the onion and carrots in the oil for about 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, button mushrooms, herbs and black pepper and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and the chickpeas. Bring to a boil.
- Then add the bean sprouts.
- Add rice noodles into the boiling stock water.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add miso and stir until blended. (Add extra miso and sake if you would like a stronger flavour.)
- Add the VBites Chkn Chunks and warm through.