SERVES: 4 PREPARATION TIME: 40 MINS
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1 inch piece of fresh root ginger (grated)
- 8 – 10 cardamom pods (crushed)
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander (cilantro)
- ¼ cup creamed coconut (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups water
- Generous cup of ground almonds
- ½ -1 can coconut milk
- 1 – 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 packets of VBites Chkn Chunks
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion, cover and fry over a gentle heat until translucent, then add the garlic.
- Add the ginger and cardamom to the pan with the turmeric, cumin and ground coriander.
- Stir and leave to cook gently for 1 minute – take care not to burn the spices.
- Add the creamed coconut to the pan with the water and bring to the boil.
- Stir, then leave to melt completely.
- Add the ground almonds to the pan and cook for a moment or two.
- Add the half can of coconut milk, maybe more if needed to make it a good consistency.
- Leave as is or purée the mixture in a food processor or blender.
- Add the VBites Chkn Chunks to the sauce & heat through.
- Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on a bed of rice