Meat-Free ‘Turkey’, ‘Ham’ and Leek Pie
- One VBites Meat-free ‘Turkey’ Roast (390g), cubed
- One VBites Meat-free ‘Gammon’ Roast (390g), cubed
- 3 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp of margarine
- 3 trimmed leeks, diced
- 200g of button mushrooms, diced
- 300ml of vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp of plain flour
- 250ml dairy-free cream (Oatly or Provamel)
- 2 tbsp of chopped tarragon
- 1 tsp of cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast flakes
- 225g of vegan puff pastry (Jus-Rol)
- 2 tbsp of soya milk
- Preheat the oven to 200c – Gas mark 6
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and lightly fry the cubed turkey and gammon style pieces until sealed on each side.
- In a large saucepan melt the margarine and add the leeks and mushrooms, cook for 4-5 minutes until soft and the liquid has mostly evaporated.
- Sprinkle the plain flour over the mix and stir through. Add the vegetable stock and yeast flakes and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Once the sauce has started to thicken add the turkey and gammon style pieces and stir through.
- Lastly add the tarragon, dairy-free cream and black pepper. Season to taste with salt if needed.